We are looking for a highly efficient person to facilitate smooth office operations and provide general administrative and logistical support to SFT staff. The successful applicant should be organized, able to multitask and have experience with basic administrative skills. Strong candidates would be a quick problem solver who is able to think on their feet and is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment as a team player. This role will be a great opportunity to become a part of a creative, strategic, and dynamic organization at the forefront of Tibet’s non-violent struggle for freedom.
TERMS OF CONTRACT:
Title: Office Manager (Part-Time Position)
Location: New York City (NYC)
Contract Time: Position Open Immediately
Time Commitment: 24 hours a week or three days a week.
- Fulfill administrative duties, including filing, hard-copy and electronic record retention, copying, composing routine correspondences, and handling mail
- Record day-to-day financial transactions, handle invoices/receipts, and work with an accounting firm to maintain accurate monthly/annual financial records and statements
- Plan, implement and maintain office systems to help fit the needs of a fast-paced and super busy grassroots organization
- Oversee SFT merchandise inventory, order sheet, sales, and shipping through Shopify
- Coordinating domestic and international travel, including flight, hotel, and car rental reservations for SFT’s programs and campaigns
- Take leadership on general maintenance – everything should be working well
- Oversee re-design of office space layout to maximize office efficiency
- Maintain office space, including ordering and maintaining office and cleaning supplies
- Ensure all office equipment is functional and procured as needed, ensuring that the office space is clean and orderly
- Maintain a general inventory of SFT gear and equipment
- Act as office receptionist, answering phones and referring calls to appropriate staff
- Ensure that the office is open for business punctually at 10:00 am
- Assist Development team with donor correspondence and follow up
- Performs emergency response duties as necessary
- Performs related work as assigned and/or required
The “How” – Keys to Success!
100% follow-through: No dropped balls policy! Stay on top of all specific tasks/follow-up items and general areas of work; consistently meet deadlines. You should have the ability to multitask and work independently without much supervision.
Customer service orientation: We’re pretty busy here, and your job is to make it easy for staff to do their jobs; view your work as supporting the whole and integral to the team’s effectiveness.
Attention to detail: Everything going out (other than internal communication) is polished – meaning accurate (right content, no misspellings, grammatical errors, etc), precise (reflects nuances, captures subtleties, etc), and “fitting” to the situation (should have SFT’s “look and feel” generally but can be casual when the situation calls for it).
Positive attitude and flexibility: Approach work with a spirit of “yes”; strike a positive tone; push work forward through obstacles and adapt quickly as things change (which they inevitably will!)
- Fluency in the Tibetan language
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of basic accounting
How to Apply:
- Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by June 20, 2022
- Please use “Office Manager” as the subject of your email.
About Students for a Free Tibet:
Students for a Free Tibet (SFT) is a creative, strategic, and dynamic organization at the forefront of Tibet’s non-violent struggle for freedom. We are a chapter-based network of young people and activists around the world. Through education, grassroots organizing, and non-violent direct action, we campaign for Tibetans’ fundamental right to political freedom. Our mission is to empower and train youth as leaders in the worldwide movement for social justice.